Thursday, June 14, 2012

a new desk

Now that we're past the half-way mark of the pregnancy (!!), it's about time to start changing our office into the nursery. But, lo, before we go there, a new nook is needed for all our office stuff. Enter: my two friends Annie and Craig.

A few weeks ago I purchased a small, roll-top desk off Craigslist for $150. Not bad, if you ask me. I brought it to my mother-in-law (side note: she is spectacular), who had stock-piled liters of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint after reading this article in the Local Living section of the Post.


Eyeballing the color palette in our living room, we selected Annie's Chateau Grey for the desk's exterior and Arles for accents. Add a few knobs from Anthropologie and, voila!, we have ourselves a new work station.

...

...

Everything finally came together over the weekend when the knobs arrived, and I plan to stash our office supplies into those drawers tonight. Cross your fingers everything fits, please!

Next up, the nursery...