Thursday, August 9, 2012

spotted: my waist?

Fall is my favorite. The colors, the textures, the return of layers and boots and scarves--everything about the season's wardrobe appeals to me. Maybe it's because I know I'll be full-term in eight short weeks and that the end is near, maybe it's because patience has never been a strong suit of mine, maybe because it's human nature to want what you can't have, but these last few weeks have been very difficult for me not to purchase thousands of dollars worth of fall clothes. (Poor Jon.) 
 
Well, I have a confession to make: I caved. When this sweater appeared in the glossy pages of the latest J.Crew catalog, I couldn't say no. Just the thought of The September Issue thudding itself at my front door next week while me and my bump are still maxing out the maxi dresses was unbearable. In my defense, I caved in the best (naughtiest?) way possible: with cashmere. 
 
So there. I don't have the waist for it now, nor is 90-degree August heat exactly sweater weather. But I know the knit will be there in my drawer, waiting for me and my waist. Eight weeks until October.
...