Tuesday, January 8, 2013

epiphany.

The other day was the Feast of the Epiphany, a day that always reminds me of my Pappy. Last year I wrote about Pappy and his pierogi making, and a photographer came to document the fun. There was much less fanfare this year, so I decided to make up for it by bringing along my own camera to snap scenes from Pierogi Day 2012. My mom, my cousin Amy, myself, and Lolly handled the lion's share of the project--it really is a project!--the week before Christmas. My brother Martin and cousin Meg made guest appearances, too.
Nanne breaks to hold her granddaughter. 
Ta-ta! Three batches of pierogi ready to be fried in butter and eaten. If you want the recipe, go here to last year's Washington Post article. 
Pierogi day tuckers everybody out ... including Cecile. Never fear: Next year we'll get her to work, too ;)
...