Friday, March 8, 2013

baby's bunting.

I love that my baby is an October baby. But having an October baby means that you must have proper winter attire. So, before we "spring forward" this weekend, I'd like to share with you our one winter investment I'm very keen on: the Polar Igloo by 7 A.M. Enfant

Designed by Rebecca Campora, the Polar Igloo has a fluffy, lightweight insulation beneath a water-repellent shell. It is made for "the extreme climate where nature hibernates and strong protection is essential." (Whoa.) It is warm. Like, tundra-proof, people. There were times I'd take Cecile out of the bunting on warmer days (say, upper-40s) and she'd be a bit sweaty. (Oh, dear.) There was more than one occasion where someone noticed C's bunting and asked, Does that come in my size? That's probably because inside looks and feels like your childhood teddy bear. 
I call the Igloo Cecile's Moncler for it's tres fashionable shiny shell. Just look at her, looking all Russian, all ready for hibernation ... And that plush, plush interior. I mean, who wouldn't want to travel about town in a teddy-bear-like sleeping bag?? A chic teddy-bear-like sleeping bag, at that. 
Granted, the price tag on these plush puppies can be a bit steep. But 7 A.M. does run deals more often than you'd think, so be sure to check their website and blog often for deals. We bought ours (size small/0-6 months) on Cyber Monday.

Next stop: Spring. We're ready and waiting for the warmer weather, equipped with our 7 A.M. Enfant Papoose. Will let you know how we like it. 
...