Monday, September 25, 2017

31/52 & 32/52 & 33/52 & 34/52 & 35/52 & 36/52.

We all have that friend we've put off calling back. It's always a good, good friend. But it's been so damned long since we've last caught up that when her name lights up my phone and I'm in the middle of something, I ignore the call with the genuine intention of dialing back when I'm sitting down, focused, and can really give a solid update. Only then I never call her back. But because I do have this real desire to give her the attention she deserves, the bar gets raised. Can't call her back on the way to the grocery because it's too short a trip. Not during naptime because I want to laugh loudly at the stories I'm sure she'll tell, but I don't want to wake the kids. Not after bedtime and dishes because I'm too tired and she'll sense that. 

This post is kind of like that. It's been so long since my last update. And now I can't tell you exactly how each summer day unspooled, other than to say it was sometimes long and likely hot, but also probably peppered with some pretty joyful moments and some trying ones, too. 

So let me just say it was a good summer. Maybe the best yet. No, definitely the best. But now you'll have to please excuse me, because I have some phone calls to make.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment