Tuesday, October 15, 2013

happy birthday cecile!

Today my baby girl turns one. I can't believe it. This whole day I've been recounting what I was doing one year ago today. It was a grey, drizzly Monday and it was my first day out of the office ... I was "working from home," but (true confession) I was exhausted from hosting a pumpkin-themed party the night before and I spent most of the day lounging on the couch surfing different blogs. I wasn't hungry. I took Bogie for a long walk in the rain. When Jon called home that afternoon I told him it was fine for him to work late, as nothing was happening. We were still a week out from my due date, after all. Then around 5:30 p.m. I felt my first contraction. Jon was home by 7 p.m. and we were on our way to the hospital before 9. At 11:33 that evening, I held my baby girl for the very first time. What a miracle.

This weekend we celebrated Cecile with a party at our house. We feel so very lucky to have had so many amazing friends and family support us throughout the past year, and to then have them help us mark this major milestone on Sunday. Here are some pictures from our little soiree. I hope you enjoy looking through them!
Happy birthday, my beautiful baby girl. We love you! xx xx
...